Three main features are:
- Carat++ is platform independent
- Carat++ is suitable for large problems
- Carat++ is modular and thus easy extensible
The kernel of Carat++ is a general finite element solver. It offers the following analyses:
- Static (linear/nonlinear)
- Isogeometric B-Rep analysis
- Dynamic (linear/nonlinear): Explicit: central differences; Implicit: Newmark-β, Generalized-α
- Linear Buckling
- Interface for coupled analyses like fluid-structure interaction (FSI)
Carat++ comprises a general-purpose optimization toolbox. The main application field is FEM-based shape optimization. Detailed information about the optimization toolbox and its features can be found here.
Carat++ can perform numerical form finding as well as cutting pattern generation. Detailed information can be found in a separate chapter here.